I had a great time teaching on an intensive weekend course – Computer Voice Training and Practical Phonetics, with Jeremy Fisher of Vocal Process Ltd.
By the end of the unit you will have acquired:
- An understanding of basic phonetic theory.
- Tools to develop clear vowels and precise articulation of consonants.
- Background knowledge to support your work on computer voice prints.
- Methods to apply phonetics in work environments.
- Tools for further study and research.
Computer Voice Training & Practical Phonetics weekend
We’re running another new retreat as part of our Integrated Voice Module One programme. Computer Voice Training and Practical Phonetics have now been combined and will run at our home in Presteigne on April 24-25 2010. Jeremy will be joined by researcher Jude Brereton from the University of York with the latest information on computer voice analysis. Jude, who has an BA in Linguistic Science and an MPhil in Speech and Language Processing will then work with the group on phonetics for singers and actors.